3.30 Cross section
A cut can be added via the right menu:
Add the cut by "drag and drop" or by 2 points (function with a left click) → Activate the cut and click on the "Calculate" icon in the editing toolbar → The cut is saved in the scene bar and as a layer
With (R) on the cut in the scene bar, the active cut can be recalculated.
Main modification options:
- "Element visibility ": it is possible to define the elements that are before the cut, but should still be visible in the cut.
- "Sub-sections" : the elements in additional cut are displayed in the main cut, although they are not in it
- "Thikness" : it is possible to give a depth to a cut and to display the result in another graphic than the main cut. (see materials below)
Cut: change the graphics of a cut according to the materials used.
Via the Materials window (top menu → Dialog → Materials...), it is possible for each material to define a type of graphics that will be applied to the cut elements during the calculation. To do this, you need to check the "Cut" option.
These graphics are divided into 2 categories:
1. The elements actually cut by the cutting plan (yellow background)
2. The elements visible in the depth of the cut (orange background)
3. The elements hidden in the depth of the cut (pink background)
2nd cut Floor
With (R) on a Floor, a cut can be created automatically. Further details about the cross-section must be defined, then the cross-section is created directly.